Start Date: October
Job Title: Legal Intern
Job Type: Part-time
Duration: 3-4 Months
Are you a law student or recent graduate interested in a career in human rights?
Rights Watch (UK) is an award-winning NGO which uses advocacy, campaigning and strategic litigation to hold the UK government to account for human rights abuses in conflict settings. We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and creative volunteer to join our team as our Belfast-based Legal Intern.
- Compiling weekly Northern Ireland media human rights round up for website
- Contributing to our blog
- Attending seminars and conferences and preparing notes
- Attending court hearings and preparing notes
- Clear understanding of human rights law.
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Commitment to human rights work.
- Ability to contribute to the work of an ambitious and driven team.
Benefits: All internships are unpaid, although travel will be reimbursed up to £10 per day.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org